condition: good engine displacement (CC): 700 fuel: gas transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
This is a 1959 Indian Chief 700 cc Parallel Twin
Since beginning this I have developed other interests and will be selling incomplete.
The hard work is done. You can follow the current plan and everything is there to complete it
or you can round up a set of fenders, and a correct speedo and make it correct. Everything else is there.
1. Frame has been Powder Coated and New Swing Arm bushings.
2. Forks Assemblies and Tube Covers are NEW. New Shocks.
3. New Wheels, Tires and Stainless spokes and Nipples.
4. New Cams,Tappets,Tappet guides, Crank, Rods, Mains, Pistons, Wrist pins, Rings and Cylinder Barrels.
5. Tri-angle valve job with New valves and Guides.
6. New Primary drive gears and Clutch and Primary Chain. All New Seals for everything.
7. New Timing Chain and Electronic ignition and Coil
8. Tank is dent free and has been professionally cleaned and Coated with POR15. Was in good shape prior to that.
9. New gauges and switches, Gas cap, Tank emblems and Tool boxes.
10. New Custom Solo saddle and Springs from Rich Phillips leather in St Louis
11. New Head and Tail Light Mascot, Fenders and hardware.
12. New Headers, Musslers and Handlebars.
13. New Final Drive Gears and Chain
14. New Wheel Bearings Front and Rear.
Just google it and you can see how they looked when new. My favorite one is "Hitchcocks Indian Chief"
700 were built between 1958 and 1960 when James Brockhouse "owning the rights to the name and the manufacturing rights" had Royal Enfield's re-badged and sheetmetal changed, to build a complete line of Indians between 1955 and 1960. The Chief got wider forks and frame.
This will be sold with a Bill of sale only because Alabama did not Title any Vehicles prior to 1975, What you will need from me is a copy of the bill of sale from where I bought it and a Notarized Bill of sale between you and me "if you intend to Title it in your State". otherwise just a bill of sale for here in Alabama will be needed.
Call Mike show contact info
I have a lot of time, research and $7500 invested in this bike so if not sold I will just make time to finish it and keep it.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers