Very nice example of a Z3 with very minor imperfections that has lived in Alabama for all 23 years of its life. BMWCCA member-owned. I have put many hours into keeping this car as perfect as a 23 year old car can be. Very enjoyable car to push while still remaining near the speed limit.
The exterior has one ding on the front bumper and very shallow dents in doors.
Interior is perfect aside from weak door pulls (as many Z3s have) and the dreaded broken seat belt guides (as almost all Z3s do).
All original literature, with the original window sticker is included, along with a full tool kit and a Bentley Service Manual. A log has also been kept since I bought the car, recording when I filled the vehicle up with fuel and when I washed, vacuumed, or detailed the vehicle.
The car drives without fault and smoothly revs to redline, as any m52 should. As it is a m52"tu"b25 with dual VANOS, there is ample torque low in the rev-range, making the car feel much punchier than the factory rating of 170hp would suggest. The car is very stable at speed and does not "get pushed around" by vehicles around it as many Z3s do. It is also surprisingly quiet for a small convertible and conversations can very easily be held at 80+ mph. A mesh wind deflector is also included with the car that drastically reduces wind buffeting, making the top-down experience enjoyable at almost any speed.
I currently have style 68 wheels from an e46 ZHP on the car (Fronts: 7.5" rim w/ new 245/40/17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports; Rears: 8.5" rim w/ ~25,000 mile 255/40/17 Continental Extreme Contact DW's) but the original Style 55 16" rims are available with almost new tires. 20mm spacers are also currently on the back wheels. I also installed a Magnaflow 14815 muffler to replace the OEM muffler, offering a bit of growl and rumble without being near too loud or having any drone.
Since purchasing in 2021, the car has been near bulletproof for me. Through the time that I have owned it, the work that has needed to be completed has been very limited. All suspension bushing currently look healthy
All Recent work done:
- Front Lower Control Arms and Rear Swaybar Links and Bushing Replaced (72,000 miles)
- New Valve Cover Gasket, Sparkplug Gaskets (with new washers and grommets) (75,000 miles)
- Oil Filter Housing Gasket, Oil Pressure & Temp Sensor, Oil Filter Housing Bolts, and VANOS Line Replaced (76,000 miles)
- Power Steering Suction Hose and Return Hose Replaced (76,000 miles)
- Driver and Passenger Seat Bushings replaced
- Antenna grommet replaced (has shorty antenna installed but original OEM antenna is included)
- Oil changed approx. every 5,000 miles
All bushings currently look and feel healthy, all visible subframe spot welds are intact, and there are no leaks under the hood, aside form a weeping oil pan gasket
- Convertible Top
- Rear window is in good shaped overall but does have deep scratches
- Gasket around rear window is missing, although there are no leaks
- Oil pan gasket is slightly weeping, but nothing has dripped on the ground and a reputable BMW mechanic has recommended multiple times to hold off on replacing
- Nick on front bumper
- Very shallow dents on doors
Price is negotiable, I would be glad to knock the price down and keep the style 68 wheels that are currently on the car.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers